November 19, 2009

Reflections on 'Becoming the Memory'

"Do you think you've ever touched a person's life? Their Soul? Their Essence?

"Becoming the Memory"



Do you think that as a lover, they remember you the way you touch their body, your warm embrace, your passion?

Can they remember the way you smell when lying next to them in bed after hours of sintilating sex?

Will they remember that you adored them outside of the bedroom, you told them they were beautiful, that they made you laugh more than anyone you've met before?

If so, they will remember letting you go just as much, as time passes by, regretting for the rest of their lives, a 'unison' disappears like a thief into the night,

But your memory remains, pure and unbroken, this is the greatest gift you can leave for a former lover.

Afterall, if we are not born into their memory, did we even exist at all?"


~from my Blogger friend YourPassionUK~


MY REPLY:
I am breathless reading this. Usually, my thinking is the other way around....remembering those who have left an impression on me. I forget that perhaps I have left my own impression on others. We never really know how others perceive us, do we? What a gift it would be, to hear from lovers of the past and know you were still in their thoughts, even just sometimes....  I wish I knew that I meant SOMETHING  to someone. Men hold tight to that information don't they?

No comments: