October 4, 2009

Adapted from Troy by Sinead O'Connor

I remember it
All those days and nights
We were so young then...
We had no idea
Of the power
Then we moved
Stolen from our very eyes 
And I wondered where you went to.
Tell me -- when did your light die???

But you will rise
You'll return
The Phoenix from the flame
You will learn 
Being what you are
There is no other Troy
Left for you to burn

And I never meant to hurt you
I swear I didn't mean 
Those things I said
I never meant to do that to you
I've learned to keep my thoughts to myself instead
Does she love you?
Do you love her?
Is she good for you?
Does she hold you like I do?

I might die
But I will rise 
And I will return
The Phoenix from the flame
I have learned
And I will rise
You'll see me return
Being what I am
There is no other Troy 
Left for me to burn 

And you should’ve left the light on
You should've left this alone
Then we wouldn't have tried
Then we'd never have known
And I wouldn't have pulled you tighter
No I wouldn't have pulled you close
I wouldn't have screamed
Now I can't let you go
No I wouldn't have pulled you to me
No I wouldn't have kissed your face
You wouldn't have begged me to hold you 
If we hadn't been there in the first place
But I know you wanted me to be there 
Every look that you threw told me so

And the flames burned away
But you're still spitting fire
Makes no difference what I say
Are you just another liar?
Are you just another liar?
Just another liar. 

No comments: