October 8, 2009

Love Is My Companion

1 Corinthians 13: 1-8a and 13
Love is patient.
Love is kind.
It does not envy.
It does not boast.
It is not proud.
It is not self-seeking.
It is not easily angered.
It keeps no record of wrongs.
Love does not delight in evil
But rejoices in the truth.
It always protects
Always trusts
Always hopes
Always perseveres
Love does not come to an end.

There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love ~ 1 John 4:18


And so I do not fear, I stand naked against the wind which pushes me and freezes me and yet I do not move. The love I know is powerful and all-encompassing. It is illogical. But it is true. I am not a person of my time, I do not fit what is customary and normal. I love without limits, I love without boundaries, and when I choose to love, it does not ever end regardless of pain or time or separation. This I know, this has been proven to me over and over again as I have carried my heart outside of myself so many times throughout my life. And yes it sometimes aches, and yes I cry. But I have known love so profoundly that no matter how many times love seems to abandon me, I know that love has not really left me; it is man with his shallow fears and petty insecurities, man with his logic and reason who cannot let love past the guardhouse of his castle walls who hurts me. Love and I are constant companions and I know that love will never abandon me. We are constant companions, love and I, and she whispers to me when she recognizes herself in another; and she SHOUTED to me when she saw herself reflected in YOU.
Maybe now you might understand why and how I love. 
~ eileen 10/8/09 ~

No comments: